Re: blast cabinets

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, kengano@advant.com
Subject: Re: blast cabinets
From: "Gorman, George" <ggorman@dsava.com>
Date: 5-May-1997 9:52:48 -0400 -0500
Ken:

I bought exactly the TIP cabinet you're considering about a little over a year
ago (Model 780??-something like that - smallest free standing unit).  One of
the best purchases I've ever made.  I've used the cabinet for virtually
everything on my '61 TBird restoration and even blasted a 1949 vintage floor
sander casing for a friend (people around here will restore anything!).  I also
can't say enough about TIP as a company (and I'm not affiliated with them).  I
ordered my cabinet on a Tuesday; on Thursday the UPS truck dropped it off at my
house; and by Friday night I was blasting. This is typical of the service I've
gotten from TIP.  I've since ordered paint guns, supplies, etc. from them and
they've been super.  Only time I wished I had a bigger cabinet was when I
blasted rear leaf springs, but I left the door open, kluged up a big plastic
bag to cover the opening and wrestled the springs rust free. Go for it.

George Gorman
'61 TBird (in pieces) and a bunch more
When I started on my TR3 project I made a little (about 18" x 30") blast
cabinet.  For a number of reasons, (not the least of which is that it never
worked right for any length of time!) I am in the market for a factory made
unit.  I know that bigger is better, but this little one has done 90% of
what I need.  My questions is, without getting into the very big  units,
what is a nice size for the majority of the parts we run into on LBC's?  I
have looked at TIPS smallest free standing unit and it looks like it would
handle almost everything I would get into.  Any opinions are appreciated.

Ken Gano
kengano@advant.com
TR3A TS57756 (in pieces)