garage plans

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: garage plans
From: PARKS <PARKS@Ithaca.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 08:21:26 -0400 (EDT)
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT ON 17 MAY

Date:   17-MAY-1997 00:15:21.76
To:     ggorman
Cc:     shop-talk
        redwards
        fzampa
Subj:   Re:
Reply requested: not set            Reply by date:
Attachment 1 of 2
I built a two car garage as a workshop last year and bought a "kit" from
84 Lumber.  The "kit" had all lumber, siding,  roof plates, shingles,
hardware, two garage doors (I only put one up) a separate door, two
windows, nails, roof trusses, and all associated hardware.  I had a local
cement contractor pour a slab and a local handy man actually do the
construction.  Seems like the costs were about $2400 for the "kit, $900
for the slab and $1000 for the construction.  I did the insulation,
electrical wiring, sheetrock and painting (interior and exterior myself.

WHAT SIZE WAS THIS GARAGE???

Thanks for the reply, I am in the process of deciding whether to try
to do it myself or hire a contractor to do the whole thing.

Any information from the list would be helpful

Thanks.

David

Parks@Ithaca.edu