Re: 220v circuit in garage

To: "Larry Spector" <lis@visix.com>
Subject: Re: 220v circuit in garage
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 23:15:40 GMT
=46unny you should bring this up.  I built a new garage/shop a couple of
years ago, and thought I had the electrical bases covered, including
two 220 volt 30 amp outlets (one for compressor and one for arc
welder.  Well, now I really wish I had wired it with a 50 amp service
for the welder, and I am figuring out what it will take to make the
change..    =20

So, I have 1 - 15 amp 120 volt breaker for overhead lights, 3 - 20 amp
120 volt breakers for the three useful walls' electric outlets, and 2
- 30 amp 220 volt breakers for heavier equipment, and wish I had put
in more.  It is cheaper and easier to do it while building.

-Roland Wilhelmy