WANTED: discount hardware sources

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WANTED: discount hardware sources
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 15 May 1997 15:54:08 -0500
This isn't exactly related to making a shop, but this seemed like a
great place to ask.  I'm working on a project where I'm using a lot of
5/8" and 3/4" hardware.  It contributes substantially to the cost of
the project.  I don't need it to be hard or graded at all.  I'm just
using cheap zinc-plated coarse-thread stuff from the hardware store
right now.  But, the nuts are 17c/ea and the washers 12c/ea.  I'm also
using 36" threaded rod (4.49/ea).  These are all the 5/8" prices.

Anyone know a place where I can mailorder this stuff cheaper?  I'd
also be interested in getting some in black as well as zinc-plate
silver.

Thanks in advance!

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini