Re: Solvents for parts washer

To: Steve Noe <stevenoe@box-s.nih.gov>
Subject: Re: Solvents for parts washer
From: "Jack L. Poller" <poller@chromatic.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 13:27:44 -0700
Steve Noe wrote:
> with the made-in-China parts washer said the tub was painted to
> prevent corrosion until it was put in use by the purchaser. In other words,
> the  paint is not expected to stand up to any solvent or the usual
> wear and tear inside the parts washer.
>
> Also, the pump failed, not UL approved, but you get what you pay for...
>
> steve

Probably the same made by chinease prison labor unit I got
from Harbor Freight.  Paint bubbled off the metal about 1.3728
seconds after contact with a Citrus-based solvent, causing the
pump to fail.

Oh, and the citrus solvent sucks.

jlp
--
Jack L. Poller             (408) 752-9176
poller@chromatic.com