Re: nuts & bolts

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, GMARQUIS@oavax.csuchico.edu
Subject: Re: nuts & bolts
From: Michael Sloane <msloane@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 17:30:35 -0400
One thing to be concerned about: Some of the farmers in eastern PA
discovered that some of the grade 3 and grade 5 bolts they bought from
unknown suppliers were actually inferior grades that just had the heads
stamped to look like better quality. Buy from established dealers, not
those "odd lot" guys who set up shop in a hotel room or flea market and
disappear the next day. Nobody was killed due to the failure of the bolts,
as far as I know, but it was a hard lesson to learn for some.

Mike