Re: Air compressors and Migs

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, mikey@inline-tech.com
Subject: Re: Air compressors and Migs
From: "Kevin Leitch" <KLEITCH@Corel.Com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:25:16 -0600

>>> Mike Rambour <mikey=40inline-tech.com> 09/17/97 02:39pm >>>
  2. Anybody have a opinion on Mig welders ? I am thinking of saving a few
bucks and going with the Lincoln SP125+ and using flux-cored wire so I =
don=27t
have to spend the money on the gas junk.  I have only welded with gas =
though
and I don=27t know what difference there would be.=20
<<<<<<
I was in the same situation (saving bucks) so I bought a Century 90 Amp =
MIG with gas for about the same price as a Lincoln w/o gas.  The Century =
can be used w/o gas, which I do when welding in the field, but I really =
like the gas better and think it gives better welds than flux-core.

K.W.L.