Re: Air compressors and Migs

To: mikey@inline-tech.com
Subject: Re: Air compressors and Migs
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Rambour writes:

[..]

>   2. Anybody have a opinion on Mig welders ? I am thinking of saving a few
> bucks and going with the Lincoln SP125+ and using flux-cored wire so I don't
> have to spend the money on the gas junk.  I have only welded with gas though
> and I don't know what difference there would be.  I am a oxy/acetalene kind
> of guy... I have some panels to fix up for my Roadster and with oxy I am
> afraid of warping them due to heat.  Mig should be easier to control the
> heat with.

Regular MIG is easier to handle than flux-cored... no splattering
or smoke to get in your way.  It also keeps the work cooler because
of the gas flow.

--
Eric Murray  Chief Security Scientist  N*Able Technologies  www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at  lne.com   or   nabletech.com)          PGP keyid:E03F65E5