Re: cheap air tools

To: James Babcock <james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com>
Subject: Re: cheap air tools
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:51:29 +0000
>  I'm wondering about people's experience with cheap air tools.  I'm thinking
> of buying either a cutoff tool or an air ratchet.  I see several makes
> of these tools in Harbour Freight and Northern Hydraulics catalogs.
> I've noticed that some list members have these types of tools,
> so I'm askin' for advice.
I have lots of Harbor Fright air tools and have never had a problem with
them. I got my cutoff tool from Pep Boys. Their air tools work great
also. They have an excellent return policy if you ever do run into a
problem. Just keep your receipts.

> Does the cutoff tool have a tendancy to stall?  I would be using this
> tool mostly to cut exhaust parts.
(almost)Never stalls, and I've cut up entire cars with mine. Pep Boy's
wheels cut cleaner. Harbor Freight's are lots cheaper. I keep both on
hand and use the H.F.'s for rude cuts and the P.B.'s for more accurate
cutting.