Re: Nutbuster (was cheap air tools

To: msloane@att.net
Subject: Re: Nutbuster (was cheap air tools
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:41:44 -0400 (EDT)
I bought a cheap set of 4 of these things several years ago.  The design
is such that there is a small setscrew that prevents the chisel end of
the threaded rod from turning when the rod is tightened.  The setscrew
of these cheap ones is quite small and soft -- it broke the
first time that I used it.  I used the setscrew from another tool from
the set and oiled the thing before I used it again and had a little
better luck.  (I broke it again doing the exhaust)

Are the higher priced nutbusters any better than this?  The design
of the cheap ones doesn't seem adequate since it takes lots of
torque to break a hardened nut.

Jim

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com