metal shop building cost

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: metal shop building cost
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang.  The Home for Wayward Motorcycles is moving to new grounds
in the Los Gatos mountains.
The new place has an old barn which is gigantic but is also
about to fall down- part of the foundations' collapsed and taken
part of a wall with it, and the rest of the barn's about to follow.
Even if it was in better shape, the floor was built for livestock-
there's a raised area for hay storage and molded-in feeding troughs.
Not ideal for use as a shop.

In a couple years when our finances recover, we'll want to demolish it
and build a "replacement".  I seem to remember someone on this list
getting a metal shop building built on their land in the Santa Cruz
mountains or therebouts and posting the approximate cost.
If that was you, or you have info or pointers on metal
shop buildings (especially any cost info for the Los Gatos/Santa
Cruz mountain areas), could you post?  I'd appreciate it.

Also, the garage attached to the house has built-in air lines that
the seller installed.  Unfortunately he made them from PVC.  I
What can I do to test the PVC besides gibve it pressure and check
the leakdown?

--
Eric Murray  Chief Security Scientist  N*Able Technologies  www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at  lne.com   or   nabletech.com)          PGP keyid:E03F65E5