Re: Shop Floor Finish

To: shop talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Shop Floor Finish
From: Eric Petrevich <inchman@prolog.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 10:22:37 -0400
Gil Fuqua wrote:
> I am considering a water-based epoxy paint but am concerned about paint
> adhesion.  The concrete floor was finished with a very smooth finish.  I
> plan to etch it with muriatic acid after it has cured for about a month
> before proceeding with the epoxy paint. Is this the best method of
> preparing the concrete for paint?

I am also looking for a floor covering for my shop.  I have the same
floor as you, but I want to do some sort of tile.  (You know the black
and white checkerboard pattern in 1' Tiles)
Does anyone know of a source of these tiles that are meant for this
appilcation (imperivous to oil/gas)  I have a 4 car garage so I guess it
will be pretty expensive.  TIA
Any ideas as to why this may be a bad idea?
--
Inch
Hooligan  #3

"I used to cry about not having any shoes,
until I met a man with only one motorcyle!" 8>)