Tool questions

To: shop talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tool questions
From: Steve N <sgn1@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:41:12 -0700
Hey all, I am new and just wanted to ask some questions that I have
wanted to know the answers to for a long time.

1.From what I have been told, 6 point wrenchs and sockets offer more
strength and have less chance to strip a bolt.  My question is, then why
would you want to buy 12 point?

2.Most big tool comapnies offer both sockets for impact tools and for
regular tools.   You want to have a different set for the impact wrench
because of the force put on them, right?  If so, why would you even
bother to buy a set of regular sockets?  Couldn't you just use the
impact socket set you bought for all applications?

3.If you had the money to buy good tools, what company would you buy
from?  I myself have been an SK fan, becasue whenever I was young and
helped my dad work on cars, I would always grab that green medal box,
and it has just kinda stuck with me ever since.  I know that there are
other good companies as well, Snap-on (considered by many to be the
best), Mac, etc..  Is there any reason that you would want to buy from
one comapny over another this high up on the ladder?  Are there any
shortcomings to any of these more expensive brands?

Thanks for listening!
Steve N.