Re: Reciprocating Saws

To: ggorman@dsava.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Reciprocating Saws
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:26:19 -0800
I just went through this decision process over on rec.crafts.metalworking;
if you search for Sawzall in deja news you can find it all. Basically,
everyone said go for the Super Sawzall - the others are all good, but
the SS is better.

There are currently two models of Super Swazall available - the main difference
is that the newer one has a quick release blade lock (no allen key needed).
I couldn't find this model at the home discount stores, and didn't care
to pay list. The "older" model, with steel case and blades and
quick lock cord goes for around $180 in this area (Northern California).

It's great.