Rounded bolt sockets

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rounded bolt sockets
From: Matt Wehland <mwehland@grayfox.svs.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 13:07:32 -0600
I was just looking through my collection of mags and ran across an
interesting socket set, for removing rounded bolts.  I hadn't even heard of
anything like this until a few months ago when someone on one of the Ford /
Mustang mailing lists had to get a broken lug nut off a wheel and someone
suggested a socket made for rounded bolts.
The info is from
  Hot Rod June 1994 p.121
and the socket set is

Mech-O-Tech (800)453-1030
    9 piece master set (5/16 - 5/8) $124.95
    2 piece lug nut set (3/4 & 13/16) $39.95

Sounds interesting, but way too rich for my blood.  For the few times I'd
need it, I'll just deal with it the old fashioned way.
Are there any other sets like this, but at a lower cost?  I think it would
be a real nice addition to the tool set, but not at this price.  And
especially if you need metric also.

  Matt Wehland    mwehland@webtripper.com   http://www.webtripper.com
     95 Mustang GT Crystal White 5spd  Best 14.601, in street trim
              Check out the Stallions Gate Mustang Club
           http://www.webtripper.com/other/sgmc/index.html