Re: sandblast, again

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: sandblast, again
From: Martin Scarr <martins@efn.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:14:46 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, John T. Blair wrote:

> > Sooo... anyone know where I can pick up a small pressure blasting gun?
>
> There's no such thing.  A pressure blaster is usually a large heavy steel
> canister that stores the sand and is pressurized by the compressor.  It's
> not just the gun as with paint spray guns.

I went and did some sandblasting at a place where you can rent a blast
cabinet, and blast by the hour.  In addition to their siphon feed cabinet,
they also had a pressure blaster made from a 30" piece of 4" Schedule 40
ABS plumbing pipe.  The top (loading end) had a cleanout adapter glued to
the end, which is an adapter with a screw-in pipe plug.  It also had a
hose fitting in the side of the adapter to pressurize the pipe. The bottom
end (feed end) had a cap glued to the pipe, and a hose fitting for the
sand outlet. It worked quite well.  It ran with 100 psi.

Martin Scarr