Re: Advice re: degreasing solution

To: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: Advice re: degreasing solution
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 07:54:52 -0500
At 02:50 PM 12/19/97 -0800, ejrussell@sprynet.com wrote:
>I am seeking advice about solutions in my degreasing tank....

Eric,

   My dad and I have used Varsol (sp).  It doesn't evaporate very quickly
and is basically non-flamable.  However, it is expensive.  About 20 years
ago, dad built a cleaning tank put a grate in the bottom and put about 5
gal. of Varsol in.  To my knowledge we are still using the same stuff.
I don't think he's added much to the tank over the years.  We have a
top to put over the tank when not in use so the stuff doesn't evaporate.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire