Drill Press

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Drill Press
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 23:07:09 EST
Fellow Shop Rats-

I am in need of a new drill press, and as I recall there was a thread a while
back advising about buying one with a screw on chuck as opposed to a taper
fitted one. Of coarse at the time I thought I had a perfectly good drill press
and paid absolutely no attention to the thread...fool that I am...now I need a
new one. I have looked at the usual Post Tool sorta places that offer a couple
of units in the $370 range. One of these units is probably an "off shore"
unit, Jet named. Anybody know of it? The other is a US made Delta unit.
Unfortunately, both these units have a taper fit chuck. Anybody have a good,
or bad, word for either of these, or a better suggestion.

Christmas, humbug...I owe this to myself anyway...
      Nick in Nor Cal