garage heaters

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: garage heaters
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:38:33 -0500 (EST)
Yesterday I had a chance to try out my propane heater, the verdict is IT
WORKS GREAT!  I didn't want to run a gas line 100 feet to my
garage, so instead I bought a $39 dollar portable propane heater that
mounts to the top of 20 lb cylinder. I was working is a close confine with
only about 2 feet between cars in the garage. I first set the valve to
high but within 5 minutes turned it down to low. I was so warm that all I
had on was a sweat shirt (and pants). I also was using a 500 watt work
light that produces a lot of heat by it's self. You can get the heaters at
Home Depot and they run for about 40 on a tank of gas.Harbor Freight has
one on sale for $42 that puts out about 1000 or 2000 more BTU's.
...Art