RE: Bending steel tubing?

To: "'Simon Young & Heidi Millton-Young'" <Mothra@onaustralia.com.au>,
Subject: RE: Bending steel tubing?
From: "Seippel, Jim J" <Jim.Seippel@siemenscom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 06:31:50 -0800
If you decide to make a sand bend, it is important to drill a small hole
in one of the end plates to allow any steam to escape. When you make the
bend, try not to elongate the tubing in the bend. Sand bends tend to
stretch (and narrow) the tubing in the bend. Also, you must pack the
sand as tight as possible to keep the bend from distorting.
Best regards,
A.J. (Jim) Seippel
jim.seippel@siemenscom.com