Re: degreaser

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: degreaser
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 5 Feb 1998 15:55:39 -0000
John Herndon wrote:
> Simple Green might work for you.  For me it's great for cleaning dust
> and a little oil off on an engine but the heavy stuff never gets
> touched.

I just finished cleaning a seriously grimey A-series engine pulled from
an MG Midget.  All I used was Simple Green, water, a toothbrush, a 4"
nylon brush (toothbrush on steroids), and a putty knife (to move the
really big chunks).  I had to use more elbow grease than with the other
stuff, but the Simple Green will biodegrade outside, my hands feel fine
(Castrol SuperClean was really doing a number on my skin), and I could
breathe the stuff without issue.  I think it might help some in the
pressure washing application.  It can be expensive, though.
--
        Matt Liggett, SysAdmin
        Kiva Networking

  [ --> Spammers please send to spam@elise.kiva.net to be blocked <-- ]