Re: Best value shop tool

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Best value shop tool
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 12:51:52 -0500
At 08:15 PM 3/17/98 -0500, Dave Williams wrote:

>-> Everyone will have a different "nomination" for the "best value" tool
>-> in his shop but my vote goes to the my "el cheapo" air hammer.
>
> I'll vote for my vise.  A few years ago my Dad gave me one of those big
>Taiwan vises that weigh fifty pounds and swivel in all directions.  I

Both are good choices but I would have to go with my Oxy-Acetelene torch
that I bought 30 years ago!  Every time I need to use it, it's a case where
nothing else will even come close to being a substiture.   There is
something about cherry red metal that makes all things come loose no matter
how rusted they are.   I'd also have to give my air impact wrench an
honorable mention.  Between that and the tortch I can't begin to imagine
how many broken off bolts that I would have had to drill out and retap.

Reghards,   Nils