Re: Parts Washer Recommendation

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Washer Recommendation
From: "Con P. Seitl" <seitl@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 12:52:20 -0800
Matt Liggett wrote:
>I tried pouring the solvent through a coffee filter but the thing
> clogged up right away (took hours to finish about 16 floz) and the
> filtered thinner still looked black.  Should I throw it out?  What's
> safe?.
   I  now am converting slowly to paint thunner, works the same as
varsol. Scrubbing is needed on the tough bits, but for oil, grease, and
dirty stuff great. Put a quart (ltr) of ATF into the wash tank with about
12 qts of thinner, it will make the stuff easier on your hands.
   I've also tried to filter the stuff with the same results, so now all
I do is let it sit for a few days and then pump it out into containers.
What's left is a bunch of grundge, bits of rust, and a few small parts
that I've lost track of. When I finish cleaning the tank, I simply put
the containers back in. It's always b;ackish, but who cares, it still
works!
Cheers,  Con.......