Re: calipers or mikes

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: calipers or mikes
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 17 Apr 1998 23:34:25 -0000
Earlier this week I asked about measuring tools.  As it turns out, for my
needs (how much has a cylinder been bored was a recent need), and given
my budget, a 6" dial caliper is going to be my next purchase.  I already
have a thousandths-reading 0-1" mike which is handy for some things.
Thanks for all the insight and help.  I always keep my eyes open at
garage sales and pawn shops for that boxed Starret set with standards for
$50.  Heh...
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG