Workbench height (was RE: Cheap workbench advice wanted.)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Workbench height (was RE: Cheap workbench advice wanted.)
From: Ken Landaiche <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:50:57 -0700
On the subject of workbench heights (Hmm, guess I'll change the Subject
line) I think the critical measurement is based on one's waist or elbow
height. Another consideration is that the work item, lets say an engine,
will have its own height. If you want to work on the engine's top, then
the top of the engine resting on the bench would be at the desired
height.

So given that, and the fact that everyone so far has reported being a
different height, IMO the question is "How high above your waist or
below your elbow is your bench's most comfortable working height?"

Ken Landaiche