Re: Slab under existing shed?

To: Jim Ferguson <jferg@who.net>
Subject: Re: Slab under existing shed?
From: "Con P. Seitl" <seitl@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:02:08 -0700
Jim Ferguson wrote:

> I just pored an 12' x 12' x ~3" slab in one of my storage sheds.  The
> local ready-mix people will not deliver less than about 6 yards. (They
> will deliver, but they charge for the full load.)  I contacted a local
> concrete finisher and got him to do my job (pore and finish) for $150.00
> including the concrete. I did all the forms and prep.
>
> I did have to wait for about 4 weeks until he accumulated several small
> jobs that he could split a load of concrete between..
Your lucky to get it done like that. Around here that wouldn't happen,
unless the truck was sent to the City Works Dept. to fix up little jobs
around the city. By the time the truck got on the last job the concrete
would be so old it wouldn't be worth anything, and the lastjob or two
would definitly be questionable. Concrete only has a shelf life of about
3-4 hours, depending on temp, humidity, mix design etc. You got a deal,
considering the concrete probably cost close to 150.00 (1 1/2 yds)

Regards, Con ........