Painting basement/workshop floors

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Painting basement/workshop floors
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 16:52:37 -0400
I am moving into a new house in a few weeks, and am looking
to paint the basement floor to keep dust down and to give
some kind of sealing.

  What should I use to coat the floor with? As well, how much
should I buy for about 1000sq/ft?

  It doesn't have to be SUPER oil tight but I expect to be working
on car parts and other dirties in the workshop, so it would be nice
if it at least was somewhat stain resistant. I am mostly concerned
about dust however, the clean concrete seems to kick up a lot.

  Thanks for any insight.
--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/