Re: Engine cranes

To: ken_landaiche@dlcc.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, shammatt@sos.net
Subject: Re: Engine cranes
From: johnm@ims.com (John Miller)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:37:35 -0700
Depending upon the engine you are working on,
you might consider an unorthodox mounting method.

On Rabbit motors, we bolt the stand to the side of the
block using 3 unused threaded holes.  This makes it possible
to work on the clutch and it seems more stable in the stand.

The stand is the normal 750 lb unit and we drill the mounting
plate to match the 3 holes in the side of the block (we don't
use the adapters that would mate it to the back of the block).

JohnM