RE: Vacuum systems

To: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: Vacuum systems
From: Jim Van Hooser <jvanho01@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:16:46 -0400
I have a four bag central dust collector that I use for all of my tools.  I
use sprial galvanized pipe and blast gates on all my tools.  I reduced the
size of the pipes to match the tool and distance.  I don't remember where I
got my specks as to length and diameter.  I also found an article in one of
my woodworking magazines from several years ago that is an automatic start
stop for my collector.  First I have all of my tools on separate breakers
and this gizmo runs one leg of each circuit through it and the electrical
current that flows when you turn on a tool is enough to acitivate the dust
collector.  When the current flow stops on the tool is turns off the
collector.  I realize is more than most want to know, but if anyone is
interested in this article, let me know and I will see if I can find it
over the weekend as I did all of this about five years ago. BTW I have my
hooked up to a radial arm saw, 36" drum sander, 24" planer, 6" long bed
jointer, 10" table saw, 12" moulder, band saw, and a 2 speed shaper.

Jim V.