RE: Painting fans?

To: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Painting fans?
From: Scott Beckman <s-beckman@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 15:34:12 -0700
Well, usually when I paint cars, I put them on jackstands so that they at a
better working height.

I spray the floor down between coats or whenever it dries out.  I use an open
garden hose attached to my shop sink.  I suppose some water gets on the car,
but I haven't noticed it before.

Just so you know, I don't paint show cars.  If I did, I sure wouldn't use my
garage.  On the other hand, my cars usually look pretty good.

While I think about it, a filter in the garage door would keep much of the dust
out.  I just never got around to building one.

>  From: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>, on 8/28/98 11:16 AM:
>  Boy, this could start a mini FAQ (an mFAQ?) about paint booths.
>
>  How do you wet the floor without getting the car parts wet?
>
>  Ken
>
>  (PS What a straight line.)

Regards,

Scott