Re: Shipping an engine

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shipping an engine
From: Tim.Mullen@trw.com (Tim Mullen)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 16:34:11 -0400
Gerald Brazil wrote:

> <...> old floor lamp, stuck it in the driver's seat, taped it in
> and shipped it back to Michigan in a Mayflower moving van shown
> on the Bill of Lading as a floor lamp.

I don't understand why this would be necessary.  When I moved from
California to Wyoming (using Mayflower), my Elan went along as part of
the load with the rest of my household goods, furniture, tools,
lawnmower, etc.  All they cared about was the weight of the load...

It was about 10 years ago, but if I remember it right, it was 8,500
pounds including the 1,500 for the Elan, for around $11,000.  And that
was only for 1,100 miles.  I'll bet that the car transporter guys can
secure the car and take better care of it than the moving guys did...

Tim Mullen