Re: air compressor insallation

To: Phil Ethier <ethier@tcfreenet.org>
Subject: Re: air compressor insallation
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:33:32 +0000
In a college engineering course there was a slide projection talk given
about a power distribution plant close to the epicenter of the 1971
"Sylmar" quake.  I recall photos of 3/4 inch diameter anchor bolts with
all of the threads sheared off.  These bolts had previously anchored a
large transformer (about 4 feet cubed, maybe).   Lots of energy in a
quake.  Restraining an air compressor during a quake ?  I would not want
to be close to one during a 5.5 or greater !

-Roger