Re: auto dimming welding helmet

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: auto dimming welding helmet
From: Phil.Deushane@consultantalliance.com (Phil Deushane)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 17:24:45 -0800
Hi Mr. Brad and all. Congrats on your new mask . . . but . . . I've talked
to welders who cringe at the new technology and swear they'd never even
consider an auto dim.
Is there anyone on the list, like a professional, who can comment either
way on the safety of auto dim masks?
Cheers,
Rags

>Listers,
>
>I just got my auto dimming welding mask today.  Gave it a quick try a little
>while ago for the first time.  WOW, talk about a difference.  I am totally
>amazed at how well those things work.  Its so nice to start the arc while
>still
>looking at the spot you're welding.  No more having to shake my head to
>get the hood down and hope that the tip stayed where it was supposed to
>be.  If you do any amount of welding and you don't have one I highly
>recommend it.
>

>Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>
>1964  Spitfire4           BFC25720L
>1961 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
>1959 TR3A                 TS41311L (someday)
>1959 TR3A                 TS53523L (parts only)
>1966 TR4A                (Parts Car)
>1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108

Whatever ya do, never turn your back on a race car . . . and never lift
aka Rags        another Cal Club / LBMGc flagger     (Los Angeles area)
1970 240z HLS 30-07715 IZCC#2726
Rags@consultantalliance.com