Experiences with LOJACK

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Experiences with LOJACK
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 01:44:24 +0000
If you feel that this is off topic, please ignore it.

I would be interested to know if anyone has an thoughts on or experiences
with the LoJack anti-theft system.  The local new car dealers are really
pushing it (replacement for the income the no longer get selling fabric
protection and rustproofing?).  My wife is thinking seriously about
getting one when she buys a new car.

A quick search on the net turns up several hundred testimonials most of
which read like they were plants.

Is this just another one of those scams that the car dealers are running on
us, or have we finally got a fool proof anti-theft device.

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB