Re: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Subject: Re: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:02:56 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Chris Heerschap wrote:

> RodPolentz@aol.com wrote:
> > I just received the HF Half Price catalog the other day and it shows the
>2131
> > for $179.99 on page 23 with free shipping.  Are the torque and speed of the
> > 2131 adjustable with a knob or just by the trigger?
>
> Anything in HF over $50 is free shipping.  That's why I always make
> sure my orders are more than $50... not too difficult!
>
> As for torque and speed, there are two adjustments.  There is a knob
> in the back which adjusts the forward speed and torque, but the lowest
> setting is too high for putting wheels back on.  The trigger is also a
> decent throttle, and I don't think I've given it "full throttle" too
> often.
>
> > I vote for the 4-1/2 lb model 2131 over the 10 lb model 255.  My wrists
>won't
> > handle a 10 lb gun single handed.
>
> The 2131 is nice and light and massively powerful.  I'm really happy I
> got it.
>
> > Anyone have experience with the IR model 107 3/8" heavy duty air ratchet?
>HF
> > has it for $75.99.
>
> I am about to buy an air ratchet, and I'm leaning towards the CP
> ratchet for $49.99:
>
>       http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/DisplayItem.taf?ItemNumber=34968
>
> I like the bigger high-torque ratchets, sure, but you can break the
> bolt loose by hand and then buzz it off.  I don't believe ultimate
> torque is as necessary on the hand ratchets.
>
> (If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know!)
>

> cmh
> --
> Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster
>      mailto:Heerschap@kns.com
>
> UNIX is user friendly.  It's just selective about who its friends are!

        A tip on Harbor Freight, what the catalog says is not necessarly
the lowest price. They send many catalogs out at the same time and they
all have different prices. The best thing to do is to hold onto your
catalogs and look for the cheapest price. After you think you have found
it call customer service amd ask them for the best price, sometimes it
will be 50% less! One other thing don't forget that they always offer a
free gift , I think it is a leather bag now. You find out what the gift is
by checking out their web page.
...Art