RE: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches

To: "'Kevin Sullivan'" <kevins@khoral.com>,
Subject: RE: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches
From: tw@mcc.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:51:37 -0600
I have a set of 3/4" Pittsburgh impact sockets which I use occasionally for
large tractor pieces which have held up well and which seem to be quite
bulletproof.

However, I bought a set of 1/2" deep metric Pittsburgh impact sockets
recently, and the first time I attempted to pop a lug nut off the Karmann
Ghia the socket split. I'll take it back when I get around to it, presumably
their guarantee will cover it, but I'm certainly disappointed that the very
first time I'd use on it would split.

Tw