Ingersoll-Rand 108 vs. 2131 impact wrenches

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ingersoll-Rand 108 vs. 2131 impact wrenches
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:39:28 -0800
Guys,

Thanks for the pro's/con's of the 108 vs. 2131.  The air supply isn't a problem
for me, as I'll be moving up to a 60/80 gallon bad-boy over X-mas, but you
raised
a good point about how hefty the 108 would be....  I guess I was swayed by what
looked like a great deal on a more powerful impact and rachet.  I think I'll
probably go with the 2131 after all....  Oh, and for those who don't live near
a Harbor Freight....  Sears is having a 10% off everything sale this weekend;
they have that Craftsman branded 2131, which would end up costing $160....

What is the IR231 that's been mentioned a few times???

Oh, and I finally picked up that Homak toolchest I asked about a few weeks ago.
When I finally decided to get, Costco had run out!  They said they were
discontinued,
but that they had a new one coming in, albeit for $100 more.  I was a little
disappointed, but not when I saw the new model.  The extra $100 bought me
ball bearing drawers throughout, instead of the the friction slides.  I'm quite
pleased.... =8^)  Word of warning when you get one though; those sucker weigh
a lot......

Mike