Harbor Freight Drill Press

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Harbor Freight Drill Press
From: Steve Hammatt <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:13:16 -0800
I've just bought parts for a 14' (nearly) all aluminum
trailer.  To complete the project (not to mention further
needs) I find it's time that I purchase a floor mounted
drill press.  In looking through many different suppliers,
I've found that most of them come from the same Chinese
manufacturer.  At least the head casting is identical!
Harbor Freight has a 16 speed (more than what I need),
1hp (I think I like the fact of 1hp, rather than 1/2hp or
3/4hp), it normally lists for around $284, including free
freight. Since they recently opened a new store in Everett, WA,
I went down to have a look, and they have it on sale for $199.
Anyone familiar with it?   Good or bad??
Appreciate any information available.
Thanks.

Steve Hammatt
shammatt@sos.net
(I hope this gets through, I'm using my wife's computer, my
new 450mh screamer is another few days away from delivery<G>.