Re: Harbor Freight Drill Press

To: shammatt@sos.net, rwil@cts.com
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight Drill Press
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:22:05 -0800 (PST)
Ditto what Roland said.  Also, if you do pick one up, you might
open the crate and look for obvious damage before you drive away.
Harbor is good to take back defective merchandise, but still it
is a pain to have to deal with it.  When I bought that same drill
press, I discovered that the morse taper was loose in the box
and its smooth surface is easily damaged by banging into other parts.
They replaced it by stealing one from another box.  (This can
be a problem if you buy the last one in stock).

Oh, and the free oiler is cheesy.

John Miller