Re: Solvent for parts washers.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Solvent for parts washers.
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 16:26:38 -0500
Imparts sells one of these ball-check valve jobbies to replace your oil
filler plug.  Sounds ideal for what you want to do or you could build one
yourself.  If it's a non-standard thread you could drill it out and re-tap
or epoxy a piece of pipe in there that's close and put the ball-valve on
the pipe piece...

At 02:26 PM 11/23/1998 ,  Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing was inspired to say:
>  Another thing I wanted to do before I fill my washer and break it in,
was to
>  put
>  a lever drain valve on the bottom instead of the simple plug that's in
there
>  now.
>  The idea is that, first, draining the thing won't make a huge mess.
Also, I
>  have
>  some 5 gal buckets sitting around.  I figure I could drain really gunky
solvent
>  into the buckets and let the crud settle out in the buckets; then I could
>  refill
>  the washer by pumping solvent off the top.  If the solvent wasn't water
>  soluble,
>  I could put a water layer on the bottom and really make things easy.  The
>  problem
>  is that the drain bolt doesn't appear to be any standard pipe thread, and I
>  don't
>  think extra layers of teflon tape are going to cut it.  Has anyone tried
making
>  anything similar?

Cheers!