RE: Solvent for parts washers.

To: "'Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing'" <mikel@ichips.intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Solvent for parts washers.
From: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:22:01 -0800
Here's my parts washer core dump:

I wash everything in one washer. It is one of those $100 Harbor Freight
units. Before I filled it the first time, I added a remote oil filter
setup to the solvent path. What comes out the spout is very clean.

I didn't think of the drain as others have been discussing lately.

I used the HF solvent, which works pretty well to clean major gunk. But
1) it is corroding the oil filter and other exposed metal. 2) it
evaporates, condensing on all the exposed metal parts and generally
getting lower and lower.

Ken Landaiche