RE: Solvent for parts washers.

To: "'Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing'" <mikel@ichips.intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Solvent for parts washers.
From: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:28:13 -0800
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out an easy way to rig the filter to
the inlet of the pump. The "Very Inexpensive" Harbor Freight pump has a
fiber filter and holder over the inlet that didn't lend itself to a
simple adaptation. The outlet had a tapered pipe thread elbow that was
very easy to hook into.

I would mount the filter outside the washer if I had it to do over
again. On the inside it is getting rusty from the water based solvent.
On the other hand, any leaks are well contained.

If you come up with an inlet solution, especially for the same Harbor
Freight unit, let me know. I can see a session of filter rerouting as
well as drain petcock fitting in my future.

Ken