Re: parts washer special

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: parts washer special
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 12:53:14 -0800
>     just surfing around and found a nice 12 gallon parts washer at the TIP
>     sight  www.tiptools.com  under unadvertised specials
>
>     $  169.00  plus freight
>

>     for those looking....it don't look bad !!!
>
>     also a 100 amp wire welder  Lincoln   for 369.00  not bad either

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the welder is *NOT* a Lincoln.  It looks more like a
re-labelled version of the Century welder I've seen for sale at Costco (inc.
same welding cart, etc.).  FWIW.....

BTW, has anyone tried welding aluminum with their MIG setup?  I've been
trying to use my oxy-act. setup (and failing miserably) to weld some Al
scrap.  I believe I should be able to weld it with my mig (SP125+) if I get
the Al conversion kit and 100% argon, but I'm under the impression that it
won't work very well unless I get a spool gun ($$$$).

Mike