Re: Heating Garage

To: cak@dimebank.com
Subject: Re: Heating Garage
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:45:37 -0800 (PST)
Similar to the 1/2 ply with melamine over it is what I ended up with in my
shop.

Since I could get drywallers to wall up the place a lot cheaper than it
would have cost to cover in ply (17' ceilings--no way I'm hauling sheets
that far myself), I had the whole thing drywalled (and insulated), then
covered the wall from 10" to 4' 10" in plywood.  I have a couple of sheets
of melamine covering the walls from 4' 10" to 8' 10" in strategic places.

What's covering the first 10"?  nothing, the shop has the foundation form a
stub wall all around the perimeter and interior walls so I can hose down
the place (or fill the paint area with a puddle) and not worry about
drywall going rotten.

I think drywall ran me like $0.31 a foot for hanging, taping, texturing and
primering white.  Not too bad.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com