Re: Heating Garage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heating Garage
From: "John Mikes" <jmikes.gt4.38@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 08:45:48 +0000
It was written by Chris Kantarjiev:

>    I put up drywall in my shop just for lighting. A lot
>  brighter in there with the same light than pink insulation
>  or black tar paper walls.
>
> Absolutely - which is why I put up the white melamine.

I used that stuff, too. Easy to put up, durable and about $7 a sheet.
For the ceiling I bought some 2X4 panels designed for suspended
ceilings and screwed them to the joists. They were damaged and
cheap--about 80 cents each. They're not quite 2X4 -- they hang in
2x4 holes, so they're a little smaller -- so there are some ugly
gaps. But they do the job.

One thing about lighting: don't waste your money on those four-foot
twin-tube specials always on sale at Menards, etc. They're cheap,
but you get what you pay for, which ain't much. Very little light and
it's blue to boot. Go for the eight foot 75 or 90 watt commercial
lights. More expensive, but worth it.

**John Mikes in Minnetundra  jmikes.gt4.38@worldnet.att.net
**Backstretch Careening & Carousing Society
**#38 CSR Ralt RT5 **#38 GT4 Datsun 510
**Proud Uncle of Randy Hibbs, #2A Savin Outlaw Sprinter