degreasers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: degreasers
From: "Aaron Bergman" <orion15@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:54:59 -0600

hi
I'm working on rebuilding an old pickup truck, and after 50 years of hard
work and driving, grease and dirt become the general undercoating.  I have
heard of many kinds of degreasers, everything from dish soap and water to
TSP (what is that?).   I've found that gasoline is the best, but if you try
to spray it from an all purpose spray bottle, it eats away the plastic parts
and the bottle won't spray anymore.  What's the general opinion on
degreasers?  What works the best for heavy grease and crud?  I'll be mostly
scrubbing with a toothbrush or brush, not pressure washing...
thanks.
Aaron Bergman
http://members.xoom.com/49axial