Re: Curtain doors (was RE: Garage Headroom for Lift)

To: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Curtain doors (was RE: Garage Headroom for Lift)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:20:07 -0600
Menard's sells the doors that roll up on a spindle.  They seem to be more
expensive, and they are certainly not insulated.  When I can get a 10x7
segmented door with full insulation and metal cladding on both sides of said
insulation installed for about 500 bucks, I am unlikely to want to spend
more for the "window shade" variety.

Still, if having a clear ceiling is that important, I guess you have no
choice.  In my case, I need the door to separate my insulated shop from my
cold garage.  I have decided to let the door roll up on the garage side, so
I won't have to deal with the door blanking out the ceiling of my shop.  We
will see how it all goes.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/