Removing magic marker or paint from tires

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing magic marker or paint from tires
From: pschauss@parker.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:48:54 -0800

The latest prank where my son goes to college is putting polka dots
on tires with some sort of paint or magic marker.  My son has had
this done to his car several times now.

He has found that one of the super cleaners available at the
auto parts stores works for cleaning the marks off, but I am
concerned about what this may do to the life of his tires.

Any thoughts on tire-friendly cleaning products or something that
he could put on his tires so that the marker would not stick?

thanks
Peter Schauss