Re: Temporary Shop floors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temporary Shop floors
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:46:21 -0600
Matt wrote:
. I am renting a house with an attached carport with a dirt/gravel
>floor.  It sucks

A perfect application for "Soil Cement!"   What you do is rent or borrow a
powered rotary tiller and till the floor area; dirt, gravel, sand, whatever
about 6 - 8 inches deep   Next, till in a sack of cement for each square
yard of floor area, mixing completely and leveling perfectly flat and
smooth.  Next, stomp wire mesh reinforcing material about a couple of inches
deep into the mix.  Next water it down and smooth out with extra cement
powder sifted on the surface.   Keep it damp and stay off of it for a couple
of weeks 'til it's totally cured.    Eureka!  A smooth concrete floor and
your landlord will be so impressed he'll reduce your rent!

Let me know how it turns out . . . I want to try it as soon as I can talk
some stooge into going first!
:->
Tony