Re: Reversable 1Hp Electric motor search

To: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Subject: Re: Reversable 1Hp Electric motor search
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:31:06 -0500
bob bownes wrote:

> Ok, here's a really straightforward request for a somewhat bizarre project...
>
> I need a reversible 1-2Hp electric motor (110). And I need it cheap/free.
> Any ideas on where to go looking?
>
> Project is moving a piece of stage scenery at the theater I work in every
> now and then.
>
> The really bizarre part is where the differential from the Triumph comes in...
>
> Thanks!
> Bob

I think the motors from Maytag washing machines are reversible.  I think
they run it in one direction for the wash cycle, and in the other for
the spin cycle.  No transmission.  Might not be able to find a 1 hp motor
though.  Worth checking out if all else fails.  If this is wrong someone
will correct me.

Bill Gilroy